As a Houston-based video production company, we're obsessed with making memorable marketing videos for serious tech companies looking to build their brands. Our award-winning team can help by producing high-quality photoreal 3D animation, 2D motion graphics, cinematophagrapy, and mind-blowing visual effects.
By now, you’re probably sick of hearing about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). As a major port and metropolitan area, Houston is no exception to the spread. The World Health Organization (WHO) recently declared the Coronavirus a pandemic and several cases have been reported across the state of Texas.
All five of Texas’s largest urban areas have confirmed cases of the disease. While we’re not infectious disease experts, we wanted to compile and share the latest Houston updates on how the Coronavirus is affecting our local Houston community. Here’s the latest on the Coronavirus outbreak in Houston, Texas, and what our local community is doing to help Houstonians stay prepared:
As of March 15, 68 cases of the Coronavirus have been confirmed in Texas,according to latest reports from The Texas Tribune. Despite the sprawling nature of the southern state, cases span from East Texas to the Gulf Coast.
Houston is among the Texas metropolitan areas hit by the disease, with eight reported cases, as of 3:00 PM on Sunday, March 15, 2020, according to Harris County Public Health. Houston Public Media also published detailed reports of all 27 cases in the Greater Houston area. Thus number will likely increase as tests become more readily available. However,state and city leaders are taking measures to increase public safety and limit the spread.
Below, we’ve outlined a few important updates on how the Coronavirus is affecting the Houston
● School district and college closures
● Rice University staffer is among confirmed cases of Coronavirus
● Some students and faculty of Houston ISD , University of Houston, Rice University, and Memorial Hermann staffers self-quarantined
● Event cancellations, including remaining dates of the Houston Rodeo
● More employees are working remotely
● Grocery stores and ecommerce sites are experiencing shortages on food and sanitation supplies
● Visitations at nursing homes, prisons, state-sponsored centers and day cares have been restricted
● Texas health insurers and HMOs were asked to waive costs on testing for this illness.
● Bars are closes and restaurants now are limited to pickup and delivery services.
Here are links to the latest responses from Texas and Houston public officials on Coronavirus:
● Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner declared a public health emergency this past Wednesday, March 11.
● Bob Harvey, CEO of the Greater Houston Partnership addressed employees and employers directly via livestream
● Texas Governor Greg Abbott declared a statewide public health disaster last Friday,March 13, 2020, and said San Antonio is opening the first state drive-through with testing capabilities. It will initially prioritize health care workers and high-risk patients. Dallas, Houston, and Austin expect similar testing sites to open in coming weeks.
“Texas is taking additional measures to protect citizens, at this moment, I am declaring a state disaster for all counties in the state of Texas,” Abbott said.
Lastly, here are a few of the best Houston preparedness resources for COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
○ The Houston Health Department has opened a hotline for questions about COVID-19. Call 832-393-4220 Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. — 7 p.m. with any questions.
● Harris County Public Health - live dashboard featuring Coronavirus statistics for Harris County
● Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) — symptoms, resources, latest updates, healthcare professional contacts,and instructions on how to protect yourself and what do to if you are experiencing symptoms
○ The CDC also has a library of explainer videos to help people better understand the coronavirus
● Texas Governor Greg Abbott said those looking to be tested at a public health lab to call 211 to be directed to a facility with low or no cost providers.
At times like this, it is easy to panic. However, we want to recognize all the good deeds we have witnessed over the past few days. As was the case during and after Hurricane Harvey, we are seeing our Houston community once again come together to assist friends, neighbors, employees, coworkers, and complete strangers. We are proud to be a part of such a generous, community-first city.
We at Control Shift Video wish everyone, in Houston and worldwide,safety and health. Please consult the resources above if you think you may have symptoms or want advice on how to protect yourself and your loved ones from the Coronavirus.
3D animation is one of the best ways to communicate ideas. As a cross-industry tool, it helps businesses of all shapes and sizes visualize, develop, and advertise their products or services. But what exactly is 3D animation and why should you use it?
3D captures interest and drives engagement. With so many possibilities laid bare, it’s little wonder marketers are turning to 3D modeling and animation to help sell their products.
Finding the right video company to work with for your motion project can be tricky. With so many video production companies in business, narrowing your focus to just one can take time and effort. That’s where this article comes in.
Marketing is crucial to the success of a product or service. It ensures your audience is understood and that their pain points are being addressed. But what exactly is marketing and how does it work?
Marketing is essential for the success of a business. Without it, there’s no way for you to take your product from production to sales. But what exactly is marketing? Today we’re going to break down what marketing is, what it isn’t, and give you a little bit of theory to better understand the marketing industry.
Video advertising is massively popular with audiences and marketers alike. With so much video content now available on social media and websites, it’s worth looking at what’s made this form of marketing so very integral.
If you’re wondering how to build an email list with video, you’ve come to the right place! Today, most successful businesses are using email marketing as a way to communicate with their customers and clients
The vast majority of brands (92 percent) use video as a key part of their marketing strategy. Furthermore, 87 percent say that it provides a positive return on investment (ROI).
American video advertising is a virtual minefield of different laws organized in patchwork form. Yet, it’s important to be mindful of the most important laws. Violations can lead to steep civil penalties and lawsuits.
The advent of the internet and the digital age turned advertising soundly on its head. It’s no longer enough to come up with a catchy billboard, you have to go where your audience is: and they’re online.
So you have a beautifully executed video. Now what? It’s time to share it to YouTube, the internet’s biggest and most popular video sharing site.
Quoting on videography involves an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of the project. The earlier we understand these requirements, the better we’re able to tailor our offering to your circumstances.
Marketing your company in today’s digital age can be difficult. You have to grab attention and build trust, all while conveying complex ideas to your audience.
Digital marketing is the way of the future, but it’s not homogenous. There are multiple strategies for effectively marketing online. Today we’re going to look at one of the most important: video.
Demo videos are some of the best sales tools in a marketer’s arsenal. They not only demonstrate a product’s use but also its features and benefits. With so much going for them, you’d do well to incorporate demo videos into your marketing strategy.